Thursday, July 05, 2012

Back Online


It has been two months since I last posted on this blog.  Over that time my life was impacted by several both difficult and joyous times related to my ministry and family.  Our daughter-in-law went through a traumatic and life threatening emergency C-Section delivery of two beautiful twin boys.  My mother took a serious fall that eventually led to the Lord calling her home to Glory following more than five years of dialysis as a result of a serious autoimmune disease.  In the midst of all of this our ReachGlobal Africa Conference took place in Kenya, which was a delightful time together with our missionary staff, African National Partners, and other strategic ministry partners, and our youngest son got married to an wonderful Christian young woman. 

I can say that through all the ups and downs my family and I have seen the fingerprints of God all over everything we have experienced.  His grace, peace, strength, and encouragement were so evident both from the Holy Spirit and from the people of God each step of the way.

Life is now back to a little more sense of normalcy, at least as normal as life can get for someone who travels much of the time.  I’ve been in Germany and DR Congo over the past couple of weeks and have once again seen the Lord at work in His church in dynamic ways.

I plan to again post my thoughts on missions in Africa on this blog every week and welcome your thoughts, comments and insights.

No comments: