Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Learning to Depend on the Lord

Over the past several days I have taken some time to reflect on what God has been doing in and through the ministry of ReachGlobal in Africa. It has been a humbling journey of looking back to see the amazing things that have taken place.

What has been most significant is to realize how little of what has happened is because of my personal gifts, abilities, and energy. The things that He has chosen to do have been way beyond anything that I could have imagined when I stepped into this role six and a half years ago. It has been encouraging to see how the Lord has given me the privilege to partner with Him and our ReachGlobal staff & partners in so many countries.

This time of reflection has brought me to the essential foundation upon which all life changing ministry is based, which is prayerful dependence on the Lord. I am convinced that it is the 300 people who receive our "PIT Crew Updates" every 7 to 10 days that are the engine driving so much of what the Lord is doing in Africa. These dear friends and supporters have committed to pray for us and the ministry in Africa on a regular and consistent basis.

I know they faithfully do pray as I have witnessed the hand of God moving in response to their prayers over and over again. I have seen that the Lord delights to answer the prayers of His people prayed in faith and in accordance with His will.

I am so thankful for the folks who have committed to be on our prayer intercessor team (PIT Crew) and who regularly hold us up before the Father in prayer asking in faith for Him to do extraordinary things in Africa to His glory.

I believe with all my heart what the Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." I'm afraid too often we don't see Him do this because we don't ask in humble dependence on Him to work in powerful and dynamic ways at will bring Him maximum glory.

(If you would like to be a part of our PIT Crew please e-mail me at kevin.kompelien@efca.org and I'd be happy to add you to our team.)

No comments: